Monday, November 23, 2009

Rihanna needs to wuk-up

Hey peoples! It's good to be back with you and I hope you're all well out there. Thanks for sticking around and gracias muchisimo for your mail.

Well, last night the American Music Awards went down in Los Angeles and of course home girl Rihanna took to the red carpet and the stage.





Love the cut out rose motif, hate the hair ....

And she performed a set which included the singles 'Hard' and the 'Wait Is Ova' off her new album Rated R, released today, in this outfit:



She reminds me of Charlize Theron in Aeon Flux for some reason, or that chick from the Bruce Willis movie The Fifth Element . Anyhoo, I know I'm going to get a lot of flack for this, but I gotta say that I find Rihanna's performances boring. She wears eye-catching outfits, she has a lot of props, but sorry, she needs to work on her stage presence. And I think I've found just the way for her to improve her shows. She needs to wuk up. Seriously.

It worked wonders for Shakira and Beyonce, and even Lady Gaga is trying a thing these days. All Rihanna has to do is check soca queen Allison Hinds when next she's back home for some lessons. She gine sort she out real good.

Images: theybf.com

3 comments:

AirBourne said...

I dunno about the wuk-up bit... Her hair is lovely - better than that cockatoo get up from earlier this year! What she she DOES need to look at is getting some quasi-Caribbean rythms again... A little soca or reggae and maybe shock everyone and do a calypso with social commentary? Domestic Abuse??

Bajegirl said...

Good point. Hopefully as she grows she would be given the leeway to do that.

Patricia said...

I totally agree with you on this. I saw her in concert during her SOS days and she was dancing alot and had more stage presence than she does now.