Friday, August 20, 2010

Top 10 Fave TV Shows - The 2010 edition

A few years back I did a post on my favourite 80's television shows and I had a fun time reliving the memories.

You all know I'm an 80's baby, but let's face it - that decade is gone and it ain't coming back. So, with the fall tv season fast approaching, I thought I'd post up a list of the television shows I love to watch these days. Let's go....


10. The Gates - Although The Gates started off slowly, I'm still hanging in there because this show's premise of humans, vampires, werewolves and witches living side-by-side is bound to create some serious drama. Did I mention there's a succubus as well? Gives new meaning to the term suburbian hell....


9. Warehouse 13 - One of the most popular shows on the Syfy channel, Warehouse 13 has all the elements to make an enjoyable show. Check it out.


8. The Mentalist - I've had a crush on Simon Baker since I saw him loving up on Sanaa Lathan in the movie Something New. And his show isn't half bad either....


7. Modern Family - I love this cast. You've got the gay couple with the adopted Asian baby; the May-December marriage and the wannabe-cool dad who fails miserably. And Sofia Vergara? She makes it all worthwhile to watch.


6. V - I was a huge fan of the original V tv show, so I had to check this one out. So far, so good. And this version has Morris Chestnut!


5. Glee - I haven't enjoyed watching school kids dancing and singing this much since Fame. And the music will stay with you for days. But, kids and music aside, it's all about Sue Sylvester for me.


4. The Good Wife - Julianna Margulies of ER fame has made a comeback with this intense drama of a good wife gone bad - or at the very least back to work. It's riveting stuff, and investigator Kalinda Sharma is one serious character.


3. The Vampire Diaries - Can you tell I love vamp shows? I was ready to write off Vampire Diaries as Gossip Girl with fangs, but it surprised me. The acting is way better than I imagined, and the plots move at lightning speed. I can't wait till the show returns On September 9.


2. Cougar Tow - Cougar Town is one of the funniest shows on television, bar none. It's witty - love that Ellie - and just plain laugh out loud. And that Courteney Cox has obviously discovered the fountain of youth....


1. True Blood. Forget Twilight. This is how you serve up drama about vampires. With a stellar ensemble of characters - Lafayette! Eric! Pam! -True Blood is delectable till the last drop. (NB - This show is not kid's stuff, strictly R rated)

The ones to watch - literally:


The Event. As soon as I heard that one of my fave hotties Blair Underwood was cast in a show, as the President no less, I knew I had to add this show to my viewing list. It premieres on September 20 on NBC.


Nikita - The CW network is seriously stepping up its game with a new installment of the Nikita franchise. A remake of the 1997 tv series La Femme Nikita, this 2010 version features Maggie Q as an assasin gone rogue. The trailer looks tight. I'll be watching for sure. Check it on September 9 on the CW.

No comments: