Thursday, August 16, 2007

Thursday mix: Videos + Rihanna gets covered

Hi peoples. Hope all the Cheese readers in the Eastern Caribbean are moving swiftly with their preparations for Hurricane Dean. We all need to pray extra hard right now. I'm going to post most of the light items I usually reserve for Fridays today, because I suspect blogging will be out of the question tomorrow.

I finally got around to posting videos in the main body of the blog, so you'll see them pop up from time to time. If a message comes up about you not being able to see it etc., (like the one below) just click on it again and the video will open in You Tube. God bless technology.

If there was any doubt that our girl Rih-Rih is a star, it's official now. Her hit tune Umbrella is being covered. That it's being covered by singer/actress Mandy Moore is a dubious compliment, I must say. Anyhoo, you can watch the video here. I don't know whether to laugh or applaud....


Rihanna spent some quality time with her little brother Rajad recently, taking him to People Magazine's Music Lounge featuring Rihanna event.

And Young, Black and Fabulous got hold of a photo of Rihanna at age 10. She hasn't changed a bit...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

'Umbrella' - I love it, but let's keep it real. It's the beat that gives it merit - Mandy singing those lyrics slowly shows us the song is a sham - we don't want to know this, Mandy - speed up that beat!!!

Nikki

Anonymous said...

I THINK RIHANNA IS SO PRETTY AND I WANA BE JUST LIKE HER WHEN I GROW UP

Anonymous said...

Yeh,i agree to that,she`s just born with beauty,i like everything about her

paussin said...

rihanna was born with singular beauty and there are people who say she put contact lenses to see her green eyes.but here I can see a girl with beautiful and spectacular green eyes