Friday, April 04, 2008

The other side of the mountaintop


Hey, peoples. I know I've really been ignoring the blog recently but with work I haven't been keeping in touch with what's happening in the news, and I like to know what I'm talking about when I post.

Well, I do know that today marks the 40th anniversary of the assassination of civil rights leader extraordinaire Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Forty years isn't really a long time when it relates to the development of man, so I'm sure many people will be debating today how much has really changed since the days of the late civil rights icon.

I came across an interesting article on his life and final days. Enjoy.

Photo: www.msnbc.msn.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It’s His Legacy

Is Barack the legacy of Martin Luther King
The promise of hope now materializing
Such promises that one day Blacks may lead
His promises now closer and hopes may exceed
It would scarcely have been expected that one day
Such a man of color would lead the great USA
Lots of people want this, in fact the majority
Every poll indicates Barack beats McCain and Hillary
Great then must have been the work of Mr. King
All he fought to stop Blacks from suffering
Cost him his life but it paid greatly for America
You and I may soon be seeing President Barack Obama

See other Acrostic Poetry here on
Barack Obama
By Khaidji