Monday, November 24, 2008

Chrianna takes the AMA's


Congrats to power maybe-maybe not couple Chris Brown and Rihanna, who between them won five American Music Awards last night. Rihanna won in the categories of Pop/rock Female Artist and Female Soul R&B Artist.

Rihanna beat out the likes of Mary J. Blige, Mariah Carey and Alicia Keyes for those awards, and even though I'm happy she won (more awards for a Bajan, den!), as a person who appreciates quality music I couldn't help wondering what the hell the AMA judges were smoking when I heard she beat Blige and Keyes especially. Then I found out that the votes were fan-based. Yeah....now I get it.

Anyhoo, these award shows are as much about fashion as music, so let's see what our girl wore on the red carpet.



Hmmm. Only Rihanna could wear a dress that looks like a strategically draped table cloth and make it look hot....

Photos: Just Jared.com; Young Black & Fabulous

No comments: