Friday, March 14, 2008

Standing by your man


(l-r top: Former NY Governor Eliot Spitzer & Silda Spitzer; former President Bill Clinton & Sen. Hillary Clinton)
(l-r bottom: former Idaho Senator Larry Craig and Suzanne Craig; former New Jersey Governor Jim McGreevey & Dina Matos McGreevey)
Photo: www.abcnews.go.com


As the Spitzer prostitution scandal continues to unfold, lots of articles are being generated about the lives of the former New York Governor and his wife, and of course about previous scandals involving political figures.

I came across this article on why the wives of these prominent men stand by them in times of scandal and I started to wonder if the same thing would happen here in Barbados. I know that embattled Vincentian PM Ralph Gonsalves' wife was by his side recently at a press conference about rape allegations made against him, but I wonder if a Bajan bigwig were to run into trouble if wifey would represent her man or kick him to the curb.

Anyhoo, if this US investigation I heard about into prostituion rings in Barbados really gets going, we may soon find out....


Have a good weekend!

5 comments:

Jdid said...

its just weird in my opinion especially with spitzer. I'm not saying dont stand by him but it was basically the day the story was blown and you know she had to be really angry or sad about that. the average woman wouldnt have stood by his side at that precise moment. maybe a week down the line when the feelings arent as raw and fresh but at that exact moment it seems weird.

Anonymous said...

bajan women
well the history does not show that bajan women would back their men in these cicrcumstances

it would be interesting to hear from these women

Bajegirl said...

Jdid...I agree, it's not realistic and it comes across as a pr stunt.

Robot...haha I tend to agree with you too, many of us Bajan women don't handle that kind of betrayal very well. We might not burn up his clothes like on Waiting to Exhale but for sure we ain't standing up next to him at no press conference!:)

Bajegirl said...

Jdid...I agree, it's not realistic and it comes across as a pr stunt.

Robot...haha I tend to agree with you too, many of us Bajan women don't handle that kind of betrayal very well. We might not burn up his clothes like on Waiting to Exhale but for sure we ain't standing up next to him at no press conference!:)

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Notebook, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://notebooks-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.